Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HP Pavilion DV6-2170US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)

HP Pavilion DV6-2170US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
HP Pavilion DV6-2170US 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
For those who need an all-in-one performance laptop with rich multimedia features, the HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment series delivers excellent mobile performance that looks as great as it runs. Powered by the latest processor and graphics technologies, it delivers the features you need to support your digital lifestyles


by Adam S(UK)
I am an engineer that works with high finish computers and various operating systems on a every day basis. I have a work laptop but this is my 1st personal laptop computer and 1st experience with windows 7. my earlier computer was a compaq desktop with windows xp that I bought 8 years ago and has had no issues (other than I had to have the floppy drive replaced several years ago). although I was growing sick of waiting ten seconds for a window to open, it was difficult for me to spend $ on something that i already had. but now (one week after owning the dv6-2170us) I have no regrets!I did plenty of research on amazon.com before I bought this laptop computer. my requirements were windows 7 home premium, at least 4gb of RAM (this laptop computer is expandable to 8gb of RAM), high-end processor (see - this processor is in the 'high-end' section), HD monitor (stunning, even able to 3D graphics; however, I haven't tried this), optical / dual layer DVD burner, large hard drive (500GB is over I'll probably ever use).
in addition to my requirements, this computer features bluetooth, the longest battery life I have heard of (up to 8 hours), a remote control (it will come in handy when watching movies from my bed; however, I bought a 23" HDTV monitor to plug in to by HDMI cable from this laptop computer), and a built-in webcam (picture looks nice, resolution???).I was initially concerned with the 'espresso' design (turns out it doesn't bother me at all; actually, I kind of like it because it prevents me from focusing on finger print smudges - I am kind of a tidy freak) and 15" would not be large (it is over large ).I am amazed at how speedy this laptop computer operates. I assume that this is in part because of windows 7 but it could basically be this laptop's processor, RAM, bus, etc.
my only complaints are that i was not aware that the battery would give this laptop computer a bubble butt (however, I don't mind it because I am liking the way it angles the keyboard for my hands to access...like a docking station would) and you require to generate your own 'system recovery' DVDs (however, it only took ~ twenty minutes to do this myself).I have arthritis in my hands/wrists from using computers (in general, not this computer) for long periods of time without resting over several years; therefore, i pay attention to ergonomic design nowadays. I am liking the keyboard and touch (mouse) pad on this laptop computer. I was pleasantly surprised that the keyboard encompasses a numeric pad as well. however, I did purchase the hp elite wireless keyboard and mouse combo (for $15 at dealpal), which ought to be showing up within the next day or two.
overall, I am a very happy customer (yes, you could even say i am liking it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment